|Vice President||Judith Foyabofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secretary||to be confirmed||N/A|
|Treasurer||Mavis Amin Efuetnguemail@example.com|
|Financial Secretary||to be confirmed||N/A|
|Publicity Secretary||Judith Foyabofirstname.lastname@example.org|
Number of Chapter Members: 8
Former Chapter Presidents:
• Anita Etta
• Julie Nkwenji
• Amabel Niba
ExSSA Los Angeles subscribes to the general Mission Statement of ExSSA-USA and operates with the motto “Making a Difference One Girl At A Time”.
ExSSA-LA annually organizes an “Elegant Afternoon Tea Party” to raise funds for a variety of fundraising activities such as sanitation kits for its Alma Mater. We come up with fresh and creative ideas to accomplish our goals.
• ExSSA-LA raised funds for 500 first period and sanitation kits for Form One to Three students in Saker Baptist College.
• ExSSA-LA raised the most funds for the “Refectory Project” than any Chapter in the Organization.
• ExSSA-LA supported the National Organization in raising funds for the “Water Project”.
• ExSSA LA is the only chapter with a vibrant up-to-date website. Please visit our website for more information @ http://www.exssa-la.org/
• In 2012, ExSSA-LA successfully hosted the Organization’s National Convention.
Community Activities that enhance the mission of ExSSA-USA:
ExSSA-LA participates in community activities that enhance the mission of ExSSA-USA, such as;
• The daughter of our PR donating hair for “Wigs for kids locks of love”.
• Raising awareness about “Acute Myeloid Leukemia” by hosting a blood drive for the daughter of our alumnus.
• Volunteering at the St Francis Soup Kitchen to help distribute groceries to those less fortunate.
• Participating in the ExSSA Annual Impact Day by volunteering at the annual Foot Washing for the homeless community in downtown LA.
• Successfully organizing two tea parties to raise funds for our Alma Mater in Saker Baptist College.
• Meetings are held every first Sunday of the month and are done via conference calls or face to face.
• Meetings are mostly fun activities such as champagne brunches and empowerment workshops.
Chapter Support to the National Organization ExSSA-USA and the National Executive:
- ExSSA-LA participates in all national projects such as the “Refectory” and “Water Projects”.
- We stay engaged and serve in committees as needed (e.g. our current Vice President is a member of the National PR Team; we had a member in the election committee and one in the conflict resolution committee).
- We contribute ideas to better the organization.
- We promote the ExSSA sisterhood by living it within our chapter and sharing it with other ExSSAs.
- We participate in all NEC meetings as stipulated by ExSSA-USA’s bylaws.